Air Curtain Technology
Selection factors of air curtains
To select the right air curtain, the following factors should be kept in mind:
- The height of the installation measured from the discharge diffuser to the floor
- The width of the door
- The location of the building to determine the level of protection needed against weather conditions (temperature, humidity, and wind)
- If the building has several doors in the same area, different or opposite façade
- If the building has several stories connected by escalators/stairs
- Pressure differences between the inside and outside of the building
- Door characteristics: If always open, it opens automatically, it opens manually, revolving door, etc.
- Characteristics of the ventilation and air conditioning installation
- Voltage and electrical power availability
- Type of business, style, and decoration of the premises
- Free hanging or recessed, horizontal or vertical installation, heated or unheated, etc.
Some installations with strong wind conditions may compromise the air curtain due to: Severe wind, extreme temperature difference indoor/outdoor, more than one door, different levels, big halls, high-pressure difference, etc.
In those situations, a higher performance model is recommended.
As explained, the air curtain selection depends on the installation situation. Here we show 4 different situations, from the most favorable to the air curtain to the most unfavorable.
Rosenberg/Airtècnics expert consultants with extensive experience are always at your disposal to help you choose the right kind of air curtain for any application.